Sunday, January 25, 2015

FOOD for thought

Genesis 1:29-30
29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

These verses make me pause and wonder what God's original eating plan was for the human race.
As someone who has struggled with weight loss this makes me think on what I should be feeding my body according to how God designed it. He created us and then supplied what He calls ‘meat’ for us. 





Consider, we would never consider using cooking oil instead of Castrol is our cars, they were not created to run on that; the same way we were not created to run on fast food burgers and quadruple shot coffees. I have searched and searched the scriptures but could not find a Dairy Queen mentioned in the Garden of Eden anywhere, but I'm still looking!

A while back I was praying for the Lord to help me to honor Him in every part of my life, and He gently asked me, “Are you honoring Me in your eating habits?” Ouch! That really hit home with me because sweets and pasta are my biggest downfall.  I am also an emotional eater.  When I'm overjoyed, "Hey let's eat!"  When I am sad I turn to sweets to comfort myself.  When I am mad, "Well, It doesn't matter anyway so I'm going to eat pasta and ice cream!"  


Obviously the key is moderation, but I know if we put more herbs, seeds, fruits and veggies in our bodies we would be much healthier and be more productive in our Christian walk.

“Father, help me to honor You in every area of my life, even my eating habits. Help me to take care of and feed properly the body You have given me. As I feed my spirit with Your Word guide me as I feed my body with the ‘meat’ You have intended. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment