Monday, January 19, 2015

Creation


Amazing how the first verse of the Bible, a verse we have all heard a thousand times, leapt off the page to me with the realization that Satan, the enemy of our souls, actually witnessed creation.

I paused to reflect on that.  Satan was in heaven long before the earth was created, long before the human race took our first God given breath.  He saw God speak into existence the very planet we live on, he watched as the sun and moon were formed. He saw the chaotic mess in the universe turn into grass and trees and oceans and rivers.  He watched as God breathed His breath into a mound of dirt and it became a living being fashioned after God Himself.

As I reflected on this I found myself amazed that Satan could actually witness all of this and still turn against God.

 I have often said I hope there is a movie theater in Heaven with all the stories of the Bible on the big screen as they actually happened.  Imagine with me, surround sound, and God's voice booming out "Let there be Light?" The graphics of Hollywood will be no match for God wielding the power of His voice and his right hand! I can see lightning flashing and chaos and darkness coming together with thunder and an incredible strength. I am sure the first trilogy will be, “The Creation”, followed by “A Snake in the Garden” and ending with “Banished”.  You can be sure if this is the case I will be first in line to buy a ticket!

So, back to my original thought.  If Satan and 1/3 of the angels could witness all of this and still turn against God, how much more we, as humans, need to guard our hearts and minds from all the deceiving forces in the world that would set us up as our own god, our own boss.


Prayer:  Father, I am amazed at Your wonderful Creation.  I can see Your awesomeness in the skies and the mountains.  When I feel a gentle breeze or breathe the smell of fresh rain it reminds me of everything You have created for our pleasure. Help us to honor you in every part of our lives and to guard our hearts and minds against anything that would draw us away from You.  Amen.



I took this photo along the Columbia River shore this past winter on a very cold and foggy morning. It reminds me of how creation may have looked.





No comments:

Post a Comment