Friday, August 28, 2015

Timing Is Everything



Genesis 21:2

"For Sarah conceived, and bare Abraham a son in his old age, at the set time of which God had spoken to him."

The phrase ‘the set time’ really caught my attention in this passage. Sarah waited 25 years for her promised baby. And during that time she tried to take matters into her own hands by having her maid servant bare Abraham's child.  And we all know how poorly that turned out.

I am afraid that I, at year 10, or earlier, would have convinced myself I did not really hear from God, or that He had changed His mind.  I am confident I would be like Sarah and try to force God's promise in my own time. (After all, I clearly know whats best!) But at almost 100 years old Sarah had a baby! God not forgotten His promise to her and her husband. 

God’s promises and plans do have a set time. He has a plan for your life and for the lives of those you are praying for. Letting go and letting God is a saying that has been around for a long time, and honestly I have thought it was a bit cheesy.  However, there is much truth in it.  It not easy to do, but the more you do it, the easier it becomes.  I can think of many things I wish I would have not "helped" God with during my life.  Hindsight is truly better than foresight. 

If you are facing times where you feel God has forgotten you, remember His timing is always perfect.  A dear friend of mine, Francis, has said to me many times, "God is never early, He's never late, He's always right on time." 

“Father help me to be aware of Your timing, not mine. For my family and friends that don’t know You, draw them to You in Your set time. Help me to walk closer with You and be a light to all in my life. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment